Creative Ways to Entice Prospects to Take the Next Step
1. Web forms and surveys.
Law firms that offer free appointments can repackage that offer in a more creative way by including surveys or web forms in their e-newsletters and making a free appointment the "prize" for subscribers who fill these out.
For example, take this survey to find out how vulnerable your small business is to an employee lawsuit. At the end of the survey they can get the results along with an offer for a free consultation with a labor & employment attorney or a small business lawyer
to give them the results.2. Free reports.
Free reports that are offered to prospects on your website, via social media or through your e-e-newsletters are a great way to discover qualified leads. First, you have to have a good handle on topics of interest to your
target market. Then you generate a 3-5 page report with a snappy title that addresses any of your prospects' problems. For example, "The Top 10 Mistakes Small Business Owners Make And Why They Get Sued By Employees" or "5 Things Never to Say to Your Insurance
Company When You're in an Accident" or perhaps "10 questions to ask any divorce attorney before you hire them." In exchange for receiving the free report, you ask prospects to provide you with an email address and phone number, which you can then use to reach
out to them personally to further develop your relationship.3. Webinars.
Hosting a free webinar on a topic of interest to your target market is another good way to gather qualified leads. You can promote your event through your e-newsletter as well as on social media, which helps you build your email
list of qualified leads. At the conclusion of your webinar, offer something of value like a free consultation and make it extra enticing by limiting it to the first five people who respond. Webinars are a good tool when: (a) your clientele is spread over a
wide geographical area (immigration); (b) your topic area is sensitive (bankruptcy); or (c) you're targeting executives, business owners, or general counsel (business or litigation).4. Social media.
For people who are in the early stages of their search for an attorney and not ready for a consultation, inviting them to "like" your Facebook fan page or connect with you on LinkedIn or even follow you on Twitter can be a
You will need to tinker with various tactics to discover what works best for your prospects, as not every tactic will work for you. The important thing is to keep making your engagement with prospects interesting for them, and not serving up the same old thing
in every communication they receive from you.Email Marketing Stats You Shouldn't Ignore
Email marketing software and services provider Emma recently aggregated the most recent research on email marketing from industry sources and they are worth sharing with you for the insight you can gain to make your email marketing program more effective:
- The average open rate for welcome emails is 50%, making those types of emails highly effective. Whenever someone signs up for anything and provides their email address, an automated welcome email is a no-brainer and a great chance to engage
- 51% of email is now opened on a mobile device, so always use responsive design email templates to ensure your emails look great on any screen.
- 80% of people just scan emails, so be sure you have bold headlines for your main subject and engaging graphics.
- Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than leads that are not nurtured. Having an automated series of emails triggered by time or events can pay off big for you.
- The human finger is approximately 46 pixels square, so be sure your call-to-action buttons are large enough for mobile readers to tap.
- 58% of people check their email first thing in the morning, so send your emails early to increase your open rates.
- The human brain processes images 60,000 times faster than text, so choose good images that tell your story.
- People check their mobile phone up to 150 times a day. Using email and social media together can reinforce your message in the places people visit most often.
- iPhones cut off a subject line after 32 characters, so be sure the most important words are at the beginning of your subject line.
- Using white space improves comprehension by 20%, so don't crowd your content.
- Eye tracking data shows that readers look at the same section of the screen where pictures of people are looking, which makes that area a perfect place to put your call-to-action.
- The #1 reason people unsubscribe is because of too many emails. Use automation to send emails at just the right time instead of blasting emails out with every little piece of news.
- Adding video to your emails can increase click rates by 300%.
- Email conversion rates are 40 times greater than that of Facebook and Twitter. Use social media to encourage people to sign up for your emails, and then use those emails to convert your browsers into buyers.
- Personalized emails improve click rates by 14% and conversions by 10%.
- People share content they feel will entertain or benefit others. 94% of people consider how what they share will be of use to others before sharing.
Use these stats to improve your email marketing program and you should increase your open and click-through rates - which in turn will increase the number of qualified leads for your law firm.
If you're ready to take your firm to the next level this year and would like some assistance in achieving your goals in creating a lifestyle law firm, I invite you to sign up for a
complimentary strategy session
with one of our trained Rainmaker Law Marketing Consultants by calling
filling out this form.
If you'd like to learn more proven strategies for business development, I invite you to attend a Rainmaker Retreat, our two-day law firm marketing workshop. We have sessions every month around the country - go to
to check the schedule.
We have helped over 10,000 attorneys across the nation discover the secrets in building a financially successful and personally satisfying legal practice and we would love to have your law firm be our next success story!